Acrilex stocks the highest quality polyetylene sheets in brand names such as King ColorBoard®, King StarBoard®, Densetec®, Polyslick®, Polystone® and more.
Polyethylene (PE) is one of the largest volume thermoplastics used today and is available in a wide range of grades and formulations (commonly grouped into Low, Medium and High density). The various formulations impart a wide range of properties to the polymer making it appropriate for countless applications. Generally speaking, PE is tough, chemical resistant and offers good electrical properties with a low coefficient of friction and moisture absorption. They are relatively light weight and easy to fabricate.
- Vacuum-formed parts
- Root barriers
- Die cut parts
- Orthopedic and prosthetic appliances
- Electrical insulators
- Machined parts, industrial cutting boards
- Wear strips, brush blocks, tank linings
- Solar collectors, valve bodies, vacuum formed parts
- Livestock containment, material handling systems
Very high molecular weight is an excellent choice as an interim material, fitting nicely in it’s properties between HDPE and UHMW.
VHMW is a good choice when increased durability, abrasion resistance and performance is required vs. HDPE, but the properties of UHMW are more than the application requires.
There are many cases in which UHMW is specified for installations where its ultimate abrasion and impact resistance are not necessary.
When used properly,VHMW allows manufacturers to reduce costs while suffering no performance loss. Naturally, good design practices dictate that new applications should always be tested before full-scale operations begin.
- VHMW is environmentally stabilized, making it ideal for indoor or outdoor applications.
- FDA and USDA approved, with an opaque, white color for a sanitary look.
- Standard sheet sizes from 1/8″ to 1″ in thickness – with some of the tightest tolerances in the industry.
- Available standard in 48″ x 120″ sheets or in custom sizes up to 72″ wide and up to 120 feet long, which often saves on installation costs and eliminates the need for splices.
- Smooth, non-skived finish has a low friction coefficient for better material flow and superior cosmetics compared to UHMW.
- Not affected by most aqueous acids, alkalis or salt solutions
- Extremely flat, low-strain sheet
- Resistant to caking and bridging (build-up).
- Suitable for deep-freeze or electrical insulation operations
UHMW Sheet, Rod & Tube
UHMW (aka UHMW-PE)offers a combination of excellent properties – outstanding abrasion resistance, superior impact resistance, non-sticking and self-lubricating properties and excellent mechanical properties, even in cryogenic conditions. UHMW Sheet, Rod, Tube and Profiles reduces noise from impact & vibration. It is a self-lubricating material that is chemical, corrosion, and wear-resistant.
Feature and Benefits
- UHMW exhibits virtually no water absorption
- Low coefficient of friction
- Corrosion resistant
- Abrasion and impact resistant
- Wear Resistant
- Great liner material for industrial material handling applications.
To learn more about our products and services call (800) 222-4680 or email us at Acrilex@acrilex.com